ENAM 482F: American Studies Seminar (S99)
The Guide to the Old Dominion
Text: Guide to the Old Dominion (optional/ ASLAB Reserve)
1/20: Organizational Meeting
Bryan 423, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
2/1: The WPA Guide
- Organize digitizing The Guide.
- For next week, each individual should have read their section of the Essays, prepared a 500 word analytical synopsis, and post it to their homepage (before 5:00 p.m. Sunday.)
- Before next class, read the synopses of the Essays.
- Review synopses;
- For Next week, read your section of the Cities,
post a 500
word commentary to your homepage, and append a list
of electronic resources.
Objective: Review commentaries;
- For Next week, read your section of the Tours and post a 500 word commentary to your homepage.
2/22: Design Conference:
- Overall design for the electronic version of The Guide to the Old Dominion
- Organization of Projects and
3/1: No Meeting
3/8: Progress Reports.
- Post Project proposal, bibliography
(text and electronic resources), and work schedule to your home
- NOTE: Digitized sections of The Guide are due 3/12.
3/22: Workshop I:
3/29: Workshop II:
4/5: Workshop III:
4/12: Workshop IV:
4/19: Workshop V:
4/26: Workshop VI:
5:/3: Workshp VII:
NOTE: Hypertext extensions
are due: 5/14