AMERICAN STUDIES LAB
Week of 09/06:
General introduction to working on/for the web.
Week of 09/20:
- During this Lab we'll explore the Web Browser, discuss fundamentals of HTML coding, create a basic homepage, and discuss the ways in which content can be generated and installed.
- We'll begin working on this HTML Tutorial in class.
- We'll also review this material on
use and web citation.
- We'll also decide on editors for sections of the American Studies Yellow Pages.
- For future reference, you may want to bookmark these pages:
Week of 09/13:
Intermediate HTML: Tables and Frames
Scanning: Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Photoshop I -- ASLAB
Before the lab, sign up for one of the photoshop exercizes and one of the scanning exercises.
Photoshop for the Web: Making Great GIFs
Week of 09/27:
Web Design -- ASLAB
A Designer's Sampler
Week of 10/04:
Dynamic Media: Audio and Video -- Clemons Media Center
Also: Video Digitization: A Guide
Before Class, sign up for one of the video exercises and one the audio exercises.
Week of 10/11:Tricks and Tools
Week of 10/18: Dreamweaver I
Week of 10/25: Dreamweaver II
Week of 11/01:Fireworks I
- submission to search engines
- Introduction to HomeSite
Week of 11/08:Fireworks II
Week of 11/15:Flash I
Week of 11/22:Flash II
Week of 11/29:Advanced HTML
Week of 12/06:Workshop I
Weel of 12/13: Workshop II