ENAM 803: Seminar in American Studies
Articles for Scanning
- Peter Burke, The New History, its Past and Future, pp. 1-23, from
New Perspectives on Historical Writing.
- Lawrence W. Levine, William Shakespeare in America from
Highbrow/Lowbrow: The Emergence of Cultural Hierarchy in America.
- David Lowenthal, Ch. 6, Changing the Past, (pp. 263-363) from The
Past is a Foreign Country.
- Richard V. Francaviglia, Main Street U.S.A.: A Comparison/Contrast of Streetscapes in
Disneyland and Walt Disney World.(X)
- Robert Cantlwell, Feasts of Unnaming, in R. Baron and N.R.Spitzer, eds.,
- Robert H. Lavenda, Festivals and the Creation of Public Culture: Whose Voice(s)? in
Karp, Kreamer, and Lavine, eds. Museums and Communities: The Politics of
- Vivian Green Fryd, "Political Compromise in Public Art: Thomas Crawford's Statue
of Freedom,"all in Senie, Harriet F. and Sally Webster, eds., Critical Issues in Public
Art: Content, Context, and Controversy.
- The Popular Memory Group, Popular Memory: Theory, Politics, Method.(X)