CULTURAL OBJECTS VI:
table of contents
- Anne-Marie Angelo,
May Days 1970
- A Week of Protests at the University of Virginia.
- Alyssa Barillari,
Revolutionary Suicide: Controlling the Myth of Huey P. Newton
- The Rise and Fall of Huey Newton and the Black Panther Party.
- Liza Douglas,
WTJU: A History
- The Origins and Evolution of WTJU, the Community Service Radio Station at The University of Virginia.
- Brandi Hughes,
Perceptions of Black
- African American Visual Art and the Black Arts Movement.
- Lindsey Kordis,
HomePage for UVA's Culture of London Summer Study Program
- Program information, Faculty, Students and a Quick Tour of London and Environs.
- Margaret Mincks,
Jean Claude van Itallie's "The Serpent"
- Sin and Salvation through Myth and Ritual in 1960s American Theatre.
- Rudy Morgan,
- The Culture of Advertising in the 1960s and the Countercultural Response.
- Lauren Olsen,
Pills and Promiscuities
- Birth Control and the Sixties Single Girl.
- Mary Rekas,
Old World, New World
- King Tut and the Egyptian Craze in the 1920s
- Andrew Starner,
The Performance of Race in the Federal Theatre Project
- The Brief but Influential Life of the Federal Theatre's Negro Division.
- Molly Voss,
El Moviemento Chicano: The Art of Revolution
- In theatre, poetry, and murals, The Chicano Movement of the 1960s forged a new ethnic identity for Americans of Hispanic descent.
- Emily Westkaemper,
Callaloo Cover Art
- A Gallery of African-American Art from the Covers of Callaloo, a Journal of African-American Art and Letters.
Media Landscapes in the Depression
- The Saturday Evening Post
- Cover Art from the most popular mass ciruculation magazine of the period.
- American Popular Song: 1928-1944
- RealAudio selections of some of the most enduring American Popular Songs.