Civic Participation and Politics
EPN's Recommended Links
Edited by Paul Starr for the
Electronic Policy Network.
Back to Idea Central's Civic
THE TOCQUEVILLE FILES
ALEXIS DE TOCQUEVILLE,
Democracy in America,
full text of the Henry Reeve translation, at the University of Virginia. Key
chapters on the role of associations:
ROBERT PUTNAM ON CIVIC PARTICIPATION
MORE ON ROBERT PUTNAM
- Michael Schudson, "What If Civic Life Didn't Die," The American Prospect no. 25
- Theda Skocpol, "Unravelling From Above," The American Prospect no. 25
- Richard M. Valelly, "Coach-Potato Democracy," The American Prospect no. 25
- Robert Putnam, "Robert Putnam Responds," The American Prospect no. 25
- William A. Galston, "Won't You Be My Neighbor," The American Prospect no. 26
- Alejandro Portes & Patricia Landolt, "The Downside of Social Capital," The American Prospect no. 26
- Nicholas Lemann, "Kicking in Groups," The Atlantic Monthly
CIVIC AND PUBLIC INTEREST ORGANIZATIONS
LISTINGS AND NETWORKS
VOTING AND ELECTIONS
ELECTION NEWS AND VOTER INFORMATION
NEW TECHNOLOGY, GOVERNMENT, AND CIVIC LIFE
CIVIC PARTICIPATION VIRTUAL LIBRARY
ONLINE BIBLIOGRAPHIES AND RESOURCE LISTS
- Millenium Communications,Communications
as Engagement. A report on revitalizing community.
- Paul Starr, "The Disengaged,"
The American Prospect, Fall 1994, No. 19, 7-8.
- Sherry Turkle, "Virtuality and Its Discontents,"
The American Prospect, Winter 1996, No. 24, 50-57.
- Mark S. Bonchek, "
Grassroots in Cyberspace."
- Michael Schudson, "The
Limits of Teledemocracy,"
The American Prospect 11 (Fall 1992), 41-45.
- Peter Kollock and Marc Smith, "Managing the Virtual
Commons: Cooperation and Conflict in Computer Communities."
- Political Science Quarterly. Leading
political science journal, EPN affiliate.
Howard Rheingold, The
Virtual Community (Addison-Wesley, 1993).
The Electronic Policy Network / Send us a
message at email@example.com
Copyright 1996 New Prospect, Inc. Last modified, November 13, 1996.
EPN Home |
Health Policy |
Welfare & Families |
Civic Participation |
Media Old & New |
Economics & Politics