Resources for Study
- Frank Freidel, Francis Lieber, Nineteenth-Century Liberal, (Baton Rouge: Luisiana State University Press: 1947).
- Lewis R. Harley, Francis Lieber, His Life and Political Philosophy, (New York: The Columbia Press: 1899).
- Francis Lieber, On Civil Liberties and Self-Government, 3rd ed., (Philadelphia: 1877).
- Francis Lieber, Manual of Political Ethics. Designed Chiefly for the Use of Colleges and Students of Law, (Boston: 1838).
- Francis Lieber, Letters to a Gentleman in Germany, Written After a Trip from Philadelphia to Niagara, Philadelphia 1834.
- Vernon Louis Parrington, Main Currents in American Thought, (New York: 1958).
- George W. Pierson, Tocquville and Beaumont in America, (New York: 1938).
- C. B. Robson, Francis Lieber's Nationalis, in: The Journal of Politics 8 (1946), 57 ff.
- C-Span Tocqueville Feature Site
This site is maintained by Stefan Pollklas.
This document was last updated on 01/24/98.