PARAPHERNALIA OF CONJURE
It would be impossible for anyone to find out all the things are being used in conjure in America. Anything may be conjure nothing may be conjure, according to the doctor, the time and use of the article.
1. Fast Luck: Aqueous solution of oil of Citronella. It is put scrub water to scrub the house. It brings luck in business, pulling customers into a store.
2. Red Fast Luck: Oil of Cinnamon and Oil of Vanilla, What is set down here are the things most commonly wintergreen. Used as above to bring luck.
3. Essence of Van Van: Ten percent. Oil of Lemon Grass. alcohol. (Different doctors specify either grain, mentholate.' or wood alcohol), Used for luck and power of all kinds. is the most popular conjure drug in Louisiana.
4. Fast Scrubbing Essence: A mixture of thirteen oils. It is burned with incense for fish-fry luck, i.e. business success. It includes: Essence Cinnamon Essence Wintergreen Essence Geranium Essence Bergamot Essence Orange Flowers, used also in initiation baths Essence Lavender; used also in initiation baths Essence Anice Essence St. Michael Essence Rosemary.
5. Water Notre Dame: Oil of White Rose and water. Sprinkle it about the home to make peace.
6. War Water: Oil of Tar in water (filtered). Break a of it on the steps wherever you wish to create strife, A is sometimes made of creolin in water.) 7. Four Thieves Vinegar. It is used for breaking up homes making a person run crazy, for driving off. It is sometimes put with a name in a bottle and the bottle thrown into moving water. It is used also to "dress" cocoanuts to kill and drive crazy.
8. Egyptian Paradise Seed (Amonium Melegrcta). This is used in seeking success. Take a picture of St. Peter and put it at the front door and a picture of St. Michael at the back door. Put the Paradise seeds in little bags and put one behind each saint. It is known as "feeding the saint."
9. Guinea Paradise seed. Use as above.
10. Guinea pepper. This may also be used for feeding saints; also for breaking up homes or protecting one from conjure. White Mustard seed. For protection against harm.
12. Black Mustard seed. For causing disturbance and strife.
13. Has-no-harra- Jasmine lotion. Brings luck to gamblers.
14. Carnation, a perfume. As above.
15. Three Jacks and a King. A perfume. As above.
16. Narcisse. As above but mild.
17. Nutmegs, bored and stuffed with quicksilver and sealed with wax, and rolled in Argentorium are very lucky for gamblers.
18. Lucky Dog is best of all for gamblers' use.
19. Essence of Bend?over. Used to rule and have your way.
20. Cleo?May, a perfume. To compel men to love you.
2 1. Jockey Club, a perfume. To make love and get work.
22. Jasmine Perfume. For luck in general.
23. White Rose. To make peace.
24. French Lilac. Best for vampires.
25. Taper Oil: perfumed olive oil. To bum candles in.
26. St. Joseph's Mixture:
27. Steel dust is sprinkled over black load stone in certain ceremonies. It is called "feeding the he, feeding the she."
28. Steel dust is attracted by a horse?shoe magnet to draw people to you. Used to get love, trade, etc.
29. Gold and silver magnetic sand. Powdered silver gilt used with I magnet to draw people to you.
30. Saltpeter is dissolved in water and sprinkled about t0ward, off conjure.
31. Scrub waters other than the Fast Lucks (See above 1 and 2) ? are colored and perfumed and used as follows: red, for luck and protection; yellow, for money; blue, (always colored with Copperas), for protection and friends.
32. Roots and Herbs are used freely under widespread names: Big John the Conqueror. Little John the Conqueror. It is also put in Notre Dame Water or Waterloo in order to win.
33. Pictures of Saints, etc., are used also. St. Michael, the Archangel. To Conquer. St. Expedite. For quick work. St. Mary. For cure in sickness. St. Joseph with infant Jesus. To get job. StPeter without the key. For success. St. Peter with the key. For great and speedy success. St Anthony de. Padua. For luck. St. Mary Magdalene. For luck in love (for women). Sacred Heart of Jesus. For organic diseases.
34. Crosses. For luck.
35. Scapular. For protection. 36? Medals. For success. ,I
37. Candles are used with set meanings for the different colors. They are often very large, one candle costing as much as six dollars.
38. The Bible. All hold that the Bible is the great conjure book in the world. Moses is honored as the greatest conjurer. "Thenames he knowed to call God by was what give him the power to conquer Pharaoh and divide the Red Sea."