The Yellow Pages -- Anthropology
- American Memory at The
Library of Congress
- The American Memory Project is the primary online source for
American cultural history, featuring over 90 collections.
- American Folklife
Center at The Library of Congress
- The American Folklife Center provides a reading room, folklife
publications, guides to special collections, and links to other
- Anthropology in
- A site from Texas A&M University providing links to
"breaking news" in anthropology.
- An anthropology-focused search engine that includes recommended readings for over fifty divisions of the discipline.
- A comprehesive list of resources for archaeological web sites.
- The Mudcat
- An online magazine "dedicated to blues and folk music." The
site features a keyword search tool for its thousands of digitized
recordings and lyrics.
- This online museum from Minnesota State University is divided
into the sections: "Cultural Anthropology," "Physical
Anthropology," and "Theories and People."
- National Anthropological Archives
- Along with several online exhibits the site offers a guide to the archives.
- NativeWeb categorizes a considerable number of links into
fields and subfields.
- Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
- A collection of images, sounds and educational resources, the site also provides information on the annual Folklife Festival as well articles about and photos of years past.
- Theory in
- A site tracing anthropological theory, subdisciplines, and
organizations -- compiled by students at Indiana University.
August 6, 2001