The Yellow Pages -- Government
- The best collection of government information on the web. Federal, state and local agencies; historic documents; economic and sociological data; news and opinion; international affairs--whatever your pleasure, you'll find it here.
- FedWorld Home Page
- A great place to start for official U.S. government
information and organizations. FedWorld offers links to specific
servers, telnet and FTP sites, and an easy-to-use WWW subject
Legislative Information on the Internet
- The legislative database used by Congress. THOMAS contains
full texts of all legislation and Congressional Records from the
103rd and 104th Congress. The site also includes partial Bill
summaries, links to the Senate and House of Representatives, and a
- It's your government--and here it is. Who holds what office? What's the latest on your issue? How do you write your congressman? These questions and more are answered.
- Great American Speeches
- A great archive by PBS that includes speech text, audio and background. All the greatest hits by America's orators plus several fun activities.
- This Nation
- A digital encyclopedia providing a road map to American government.
- Opensecrets tracks political donations to candidates
- The Electronic Policy Network
- This network of interest groups, journals, and research
institutes is focused on domestic social policy. In addition to
EPN member sites, resource indexes on health care, welfare, and
family issues are available.
- Congressional Quarterly
- The inside stuff of American government. Track legislation, find a congressional biography (past or present), read GAO reports, or handicap the field for this year's elections.
Theory on the Internet
- This site, from the University of Michigan, is an enormous
archive of Western political theorists and philosophers.
- Track issues and watch or listen to C-SPAN online. Observe the democratic process in real time!
- National Journal
- Politics. News. Opinion. National Journal.
- First Gov
- A practical government site--change your address, apply for student loans, get a government job or file your taxes. The government goes digital!
- The Federal Register
- Love laws and regulations? Here's the online database of laws, proposed legislation executive orders searchable by keyword.
- International Affairs
- The site provides over 2000 annotated links, categorized by
organization, region, and topic.
- PBS --
- This site lists PBS's politics-related projects, including
"The American President," "Liberty and Limits," and "Conscience
and the Constitution."
- GOP Republican National
- Democratic National
- Libertarian Party
- Green Party
- Natural Law Party
- Constitution Party
- Socialist Party
August 6, 2001