Test your knowledge of Virginia literary landmarks with this quiz. Simply click on one of the choices to find out the answers:
1. Novelist Willa Cather may have been born in Virginia, but where did she move after spending her first nine years in Frederick County?
2. John Dos Passos spent much of his life in Westmoreland County at what house?
3. Which of the following documents was NOT known to be stored at Rokeby?
4. What did Charles Dickens do to get on the Virginia Landmarks Register?
5. Which of the following works did Edgar Allan Poe write at the University of Virginia?
6. For which of the following is Thomas Jefferson not primarily responsible?
7. Who joined the Revolutionary Army after his Norfolk newspaper was halted by the British?
8. What was the name of Sherwood Anderson's Virginia home?
9. Whose home features a gift from W.E.B. DuBois?
10. Which Virginia-born author wrote Alone?
This site was created by Emily Kane as part of the University of Virginia's American Studies program.
For more information about AS@UVA, click below.