Works Cited and Suggested Reading
- America from the Great Depression to World War II: Photographs from the FSA-OWI, 1935-1945. American Memory, the Library of Congress.
- Anderson, James C., ed. Roy Stryker: The Humane Propagandist. Louisville: University of Louisville, 1977.
- Brannan, Beverly W. and Carl Fleishhauer, eds. Documenting America: 1935-1943. Los Angeles: University of California Press, 1988.
- Bustard, Bruce I. Picturing the Century: One Hundred Years of Photography from the National Archives. Washington, DC: National Archives and Record Administration, 1999.
- Carlebach, Michael and Eugene F. Provenzo, Jr. Farm Security Administration Photographs of Florida. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1993.
- Davis, Allen F. Mind's Eye, Mind's Truth: FSA Photography Reconsidered. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1989.
- Featherstone, David, ed. Observations. The Friends of Photography, 1984.
- Johnson, Brooks. Mountaineers to Main Streets: The Old Dominion as seen through the Farm Security Administration Photographs. Norfolk, Va.: The Chrysler Museum, 1985.
- Larrabee, Eric and Robert E. Spiller. American Perspectives: the National Self-Image in the Twentieth Century. 1961.
- McCamy, James L. Government Publicity, Its Practice in Federal Administration.
- Nixon, H.C. Forty Acres and Steel Mules.
- Puckett, John Rogers. Five Photo-Textual Documentaries from The Great Depression. Ann Arbor, Mich.: UMI Research Press, 1984.
- Stott, William. Documentary Expression and Thirties America. Chicago: The University of Chicago Research Press, 1986.
- Watkins, T.H. The Great Depression: America in the 1930s. Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1993.
- Welty, Eudora. One Time, One Place: Mississippi in the Depression: A Snapshot Album. 1996.
Works Cited and
Maintained by Pat Brady
Last Modified: May 10, 1999